2021 Art Show Entry Info
The 56th Annual Manito Art League Art Show will be held at the Manitowish Waters Town Hall (formerly called the Community Center) on Highway 51, just North of the airport, from Thursday July 15 through Sunday July 18, at the times indicated below.
The health and safety of our visitors is important to us. Covid precautions will be observed by limiting the number of visitors allowed in the exhibit at any given time and the exhibit area will be sanitized throughout each day.
56th Annual Art Show Schedule
|Delivery of Art|
|Sunday||July 11||12 pm - 3 pm|
|Wednesday||July 14||5 pm - 8 pm|
|Thursday||July 15||9 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||July 16||9 am - 6 pm|
|Saturday||July 17||9 am - 6 pm|
|Sunday||July 18||9 am - 2 pm|
|Sunday||July 18||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
MAL 56th Annual Art Show Entry Guidelines
- Entry fee for the show is $30 per artist (non-refundable upon acceptance).
- MAL active members are allowed to enter 3 works of art.
- Dues must be current - and may be included with your entry form.
- Non-members are allowed to enter 2 works of art.
- No change in price or title or substitutions are allowed once the artwork entry form has been received.
- Entry forms must be postmarked by June 30. Due to space limitations, only the first 250 entries will be guaranteed a spot in the show regardless of postmark date.
Artist Rules All artwork must:
- Be for sale.
- Be original in concept and design.
- Be signed by the artist.
- Have been completed in the last 12 months.
- Not have been for sale or exhibited in any form at any exhibition or gallery prior to the show.
- All artwork received on July 11 must remain in the show for the duration of the show.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Wearable art, kits and patterned art are not eligible.
- No artist’s combined hanging work my exceed 25 sq ft (framed size).
- No hanging piece may exceed 30 lbs in weight (framed).
- The included ID tags must be firmly placed on the back of 2D Artwork. Place the ID tags for 3D art wherever it is possible.
- Work must be presented in a manner suitable for gallery display. Paintings, photography, etc., must be wired for hanging.
- A total of $1,350 will be awarded. The awards chosen by the judge consist of a $500 Best of Show and five additional $100 Merit Awards. Honorable Mention ribbons will also be awarded at the discretion of the judge.
- “People’s Choice”, the $250 Trudy Pangburn Popular Award, is chosen by show attendees. The recipient of the People’s Choice award is asked to provide a door prize for the following year’s art show.
- “Patrons’ Preview Award,” a $100 award, is chosen by attendees at Wednesday night’s Patrons’ Preview.
Art Drop Off
Artwork must be delivered to the Community Center, Highway 51, Manitowish Waters, WI on Sunday, July 11, between the hours of 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm only. When dropping off artwork, a mask is required. You may also drop off business cards that will be on display. Upon dropping off your artwork, you will receive two tickets for the Patrons’ Preview. Please retain the receipts for picking up artwork on July 18.
Art Pick Up
Artwork is to be picked up on Sunday, July 18, from 2:30 pm to 4 pm. Please present receipt issued at Drop Off when picking up artwork. Items not picked up by 4 pm will be stored at the Manitowish waters Community Center for a charge of $25 per day. Artists will need to call the entry chairperson, pay the fine and arrange for a pickup time. After 30 days, the artwork will become the property of the Manito Art League.
All proceeds go to the artist. As the Art League cannot collect taxes, please include the 5.5% tax in your price. The artist is responsible for shipping of sold artwork that is not picked up by the purchaser after the show.
There are two options for entering the Manito Art League Art Show in 2021.
The art league reserves the right to refuse hard-to-display, oversized, or overweight items. And, the right to remove any artwork that does not conform to the entry specifications or that may involve possible copyright infringement.
Art Show Entry Checklist
- Make sure you include your entry fee check with the completed Entry Form.
- Make sure 2D pieces are wired and the wire used is weight-appropriate for your piece. See the following link for visual step by step instructions for wiring your art http://artbyjae.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-wire-painting-for-hanging.html.
- Double check that there are no marks or debris between the glass and artwork of a framed piece.
- Make sure that all of the edges of unframed artwork are finished — either continue the painting around the edges or paint the edges a neutral, dark-charcoal color or a color that coordinates with the painting.
- Make sure the information on your Entry Form match the information (Artwork title, medium, price) that is on the ID Tags that are attached to the artwork.
- Attach completed ID tags to your artwork.
- Include your business cards (optional).
* Patrons’ Preview Private Event
This year the Patrons’ Preview private event will look a bit different than in the past, in order for us to present a safe and responsible experience for our patrons, artists and scholarship winners. Therefore, we will not have a formal presentation and will not be serving refreshments this year.
We will also be limiting the number of people in the gallery at any one time, so we ask you to attend according to the following times based on your last name. This is a walk-through of the gallery and all socializing will need to be outside at your own discretion. Please follow mask and social distancing guidelines.