2023 Art Show Entry Info Deadline to enter: June 25, 2023
The 58th Annual Manito Art League Art Show will be held at the Manitowish Waters Town Hall (formerly called the Community Center) on Highway 51, just North of the airport, from Thursday July 20 through Sunday July 23, at the times indicated below.
The health and safety of our visitors is important to us. Covid precautions will be observed by limiting the number of visitors allowed in the exhibit at any given time and the exhibit area will be sanitized throughout each day.
58th Annual Art Show Schedule
|Delivery of Art|
|Sunday||July 16||12 pm - 2 pm|
|Wednesday||July 19||5 pm - 7:30 pm|
|Thursday||July 20||9 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||July 21||9 am - 5 pm|
|Saturday||July 22||9 am - 5 pm|
|Sunday||July 23||9 am - 2 pm|
|Sunday||July 23||2:30 pm - 3:30 pm|
MAL 58th Annual Art Show Entry Guidelines
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Entry fee for the show is $30 per artist (non-refundable upon acceptance). 2 pieces of artwork for Non-Members; 3 pieces for Members.
- Member Dues must be current. Find how to pay on www.ManitoArtLeague.org/forms-applications/
- NO Jewelry or Wearable Art will be accepted.
- No change in price or title or substitutions is allowed once artwork entry form has been received.
- Entry forms must be postmarked or completed online by June 25. Due to space limitations, only the first 200 entries will be accepted.
Artist Rules All artwork must:
- Be for sale.
- Be original in concept and design. NO Patterns or Kits.
- Be signed by the artist.
- Be completely dry.
- Have been completed in the last 12 months.
- Not have been for sale or exhibited in any form at any exhibition or gallery prior to the show.
- Remain in the show for the duration of the show.
- No artist’s combined hanging work and/or floor space (furniture/sculpture) may exceed 25 sq ft. (completed size).
- No hanging piece may exceed 30 lbs. in weight.
- 2D Work:
- Framed or Finished Edges.
- Must be wired for hanging. NO saw tooth hangers.
- 3D Tabletop Work: Our display stands are 14.5” x 14.5”.
- ID tags must be firmly placed on the back of 2D Artwork. Place the ID tags for 3D art wherever it is possible, preferably bottom.
Awards - A total of $1,350 will be awarded
- The awards chosen by the judge consist of a $500 Best of Show and five additional $100 Merit Awards. Honorable Mention Ribbons will also be awarded.
- “People’s Choice”, the $250 Trudy Pangburn Award, is chosen by show attendees. The recipient of the People’s Choice award is asked to provide a door prize for the following year’s art show.
- “Patrons’ Preview Award,” a $100 award, is chosen by attendees at Patrons’ Preview night.
Art Drop Off - Sunday July 16: 12:00 - 2:00 pm
- Artwork must be delivered to the Community Center, Hwy 51, Manitowish Waters, WI. Please use the kitchen entrance in back of building.
- You may also drop off business cards that will be on display.
- Upon dropping off your artwork, you will receive two tickets for the Patrons’ Preview and a Pickup receipt.
- Please retain the receipt for picking up artwork on July 23.
Art Pick Up: Sunday July 23: 2:30 - 3:30 pm
- Please present receipt issued at Drop Off when picking up your artwork at the kitchen entrance.
- Items not picked up by 3:30 pm will be stored at the Manitowish Waters Community Center for a charge of $25 per day. Artists will need to call Sandy Cashman at 715-543-2787, pay the fine and arrange for a pickup time.
- After 30 days, the artwork will become the property of the Manito Art League.
- All proceeds go to the artist.
- Artist is responsible for paying sales tax.
- If sold artwork is not picked up, the artist plans delivery arrangements with the purchaser.
There are two options for entering the Manito Art League Art Show in 2023.
The art league reserves the right to refuse hard-to-display, oversized, or overweight items. And, the right to remove any artwork that does not conform to the entry specifications or that may involve possible copyright infringement.
Art Show Entry Checklist
- Make sure you include your entry fee check with the completed Entry Form.
- Make sure 2D pieces are wired and the wire used is weight-appropriate for your piece. See the following link for visual step by step instructions for wiring your art http://artbyjae.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-wire-painting-for-hanging.html.
- Double check that there are no marks or debris between the glass and artwork of a framed piece.
- Make sure that all of the edges of unframed artwork are finished — either continue the painting around the edges or paint the edges a neutral, dark-charcoal color or a color that coordinates with the painting.
- Make sure the information on your Entry Form match the information (Artwork title, medium, price) that is on the ID Tags that are attached to the artwork.
- Attach completed ID tags to your artwork.
- Include your business cards (optional).